Pursuant to section 55023 of Title 5, the grad­ing prac­tic­es of the District shall be as follows:

Evaluative Symbols

A Excellent
B Good
C Satisfactory
D Less than satisfactory
F Failing
P Passing (at least satisfactory); units awarded not counted in grade point average; has the same meaning as “CR,” as that symbol was defined prior to the Summer 2009 term.
NP No Pass (less than satisfactory or failing); units not counted in grade point average; has the same meaning as “NC,” as that symbol was defined prior to the Summer 2009 term.
SP Satisfactory Progress towards completion of the course (used for noncredit courses only)

Non-Evaluative Symbols

I Incomplete academic work for unforeseeable, emer­gency and justifiable reasons at the end of the academic term; not used in calculating units attempted or for grade points.
IP The In Progress symbol denotes that the class extends beyond the normal end of an academic term. It indicates that work is in progress but that assignment of an evaluative symbol must await its completion.
RD The Report Delayed symbol is used when there is a delay in reporting the grade of a student due to circumstances beyond the control of the student.
W Withdrawal from class or college is authorized through two thirds of the course term. The academic record of a student who remains in class beyond that date must reflect a grade other than a “W.” Courses dropped prior to census, or its equivalent for short term courses, will not appear on the student's academic record.
MW Military Withdrawal is as­signed when a stu­dent who is a mem­ber of an ac­tive or reserve Unit­ed States mil­i­tary ser­vice re­ceives orders com­pel­ling a with­draw­al from cours­es. Upon ver­i­fi­ca­tion of such or­ders, military withdrawal may be assigned at any time after the Add/Drop period. Military with­draw­al shall not be count­ed in progress pro­ba­tion, dis­miss­al cal­cu­la­tions, or in calculating the permitted number of withdrawals.

Since professors have the responsibility for eval­u­at­ing stu­dent per­for­mance and assigning fi­nal grades, stu­dents are en­cour­aged to dis­cuss their grades with pro­fes­sors at any time. All grades are final and are not sub­ject to change ex­cept as out­lined in Education Code Section 76224.

Grades will be available approximately four weeks af­ter the end of each semester. Students may access grades on the Sierra College website at www.sierracollege.edu.

Reference: Sierra College Board Policy 4230 and Administrative Procedure 4230.